Friday, January 7, 2011

Off to ALA Midwinter!

Today I'm off to the American Library Association's Midwinter meeting in nearby San Diego.  While I didn't register for the full conference, I'm going to take advantage of the fantastic exhibits, the chance to attend "speed networking" from ALSC (anyone hiring children's librarians?), meet with YA bloggers at an unofficial meet-up at the Hilton Friday night, attend two Harper Collins spring previews, a San Jose State University library science student-faculty reception, have lunch with a kidlit blogger friend, and meet lots of new contacts!  I'll be driving back on Saturday with lots of new ideas for my blog and advance copies to read and review.

4 comments:

Tina's Blog said...

Have fun! I am so jealous. One year I went to ALA in Chicago and just walked around looking at the vendors, which was fun.

Fourth Musketeer said...

At the only other ALA conference I've attended, I was planning to go to lots of interesting sounding programs, but I was so enraptured by the exhibits I could hardly get out of there! So many author signings and books to look at, it's like heaven for booklovers like us!

I'm really excited that ALA summer 2012 will be back in Anaheim; that means i can go with no hotel or transportation costs!

Rebecca Herman said...

Have fun!! Hope you get some great books.

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Sounds like you're going to have a blast Margo! :) e