Saturday, January 1, 2011

Congratulations to Cybils Finalists

The Cybils Awards finalists were announced today, and although I was somewhat disappointed not to be selected as a Cybils judge for 2010 (I'll try again this year) I was delighted to see that two of my nominations had been selected as finalists:  The Wager, by Donna Jo Napoli, in the Young Adult Fantasy and Science Fiction category, and Henry Aaron's Dream by Matt Tavares, in the Non-Fiction Picture Book category.  I've read only ten of the total number of nominees this year, so I have a lot of terrific books to add to my To-Read list.

Congratulations to all the finalists and to all the judges who put in so many hours reviewing the long lists of nominees this year (I counted over 150 in the YA Fantasy/Science Fiction category alone!)

No comments: